Wednesday, November 12, 2008

dinner on a lazy night



This is what I make after I've had a really long day and am feeling frugal enough to not just say "hey, let's eat out." Although this dish looks extremely plain, it has a lot of flavor. Its the Lemon Garlic Pasta recipe from Dreena Burton's ED&BV. The first time I made it I thought it was just okay, but I've found that the key is to use fresh lemon juice. Yes, the recipe already calls for that -- but I thought it would be okay to use the kind in the little plastic bottle. Don't do that. Just give in and buy a lemon, it makes all the difference in the world. I still haven't quite figured out how to juice a lemon, though. I'm sure it would've been quite humorous if someone had been watching me attempt to cut a slit in the lemon and then stick both of my thumbs inside, pulverizing it all against the rind, with the juice dripping down my hands into the bowl. I'm sure there's a better way. But, it was a learning experience!

No comments: