Tuesday, October 14, 2008

continuing with the breakfast theme



On the morning of this picture I'd woken up late and had only about 45 minutes to get ready, but decided that about half an hour of it should be devoted to making breakfast anyway. And you know what? It was totally worth the mad-dash thereafter and the being late to class by 5 minutes.

Judging by the color of this smoothie, I think it was raspberry-strawberry. I always keep a good stock of frozen fruit in my freezer -- bananas, raspberries, and mangos for the most part. Every smoothie I make has strawberries, though, and I also almost always have fresh strawberries in my refridgerator also. I've noticed that if I try to use all frozen fruit for a smoothie my blender chokes up and wants to die, so fresh strawberries is easier on its old bones. I also throw in a handful of spinach since it's not even detectable with all the sweetness of the fruit, then blend it all up with orange juice and a bit of water.

Also pictured: Tempeh bacon doctored to my standards by sauteing it in a mixture of wok oil and Mongolian fire oil, with a touch of A1 sauce in the mix. Also, an onion bagel with fake cream cheese and green onions.

This was like the most awesome breakfast ever!

No comments: